The Interprofessional.Global Partnership Development Working Group’s main purpose is to ensure that partners are inspired and empowered by sharing knowledge, experience, and innovative approaches with one another; listening to and learning from one another; supporting and caring for one another’s personal needs, as well as for their work.
Partnership is more than coordination and planning. The heart of partnership is strong and effective relationships demonstrated in action. Developing such relationships requires time and intentional effort. Effective partners are especially sensitive towards those from cultures and backgrounds other than their own.
That is why it is so important for all the partners of Interprofessional.Global to meet regularly, strengthening relationship, building trust, setting priorities and plan to collaborate to achieve better health for all through interprofessional education, practice and research.
We invite you to register for our 3½-day partnership meeting in Qatar from 20 to 23 October 2020, just prior to the All Together Better Health Conference. We would like to encourage representatives from all established and emerging IPECP networks from around the globe, special interest groups, working group collaborators, as well as individual and organisational members, to join us for this very important meeting.
It is pivotal that participants attend the whole meeting, as we will follow a proven partnership development process. The proposed draft agenda for the meeting follows at the end of this letter.
Plan your attendance
- Start of meeting: 12h00 on Tuesday 20 October 2020 (no late arrivals please)
- Closing session: 16h30 on Friday 23 October (no early departure)
- Venue: Vichy Celestin Sap Resort Retaj Salwa, Qatar [Map]
- Cost: QAR 2280 (USD 620)
(This includes the conference costs (lunch and conference venue), as well as accommodation (full board: breakfast and dinner; checking in on Tuesday 20 October and checking out on Saturday 24 October; if you stay for another night, it will be an additional USD 95, including breakfast).
- You are responsible for your own flights. Qatar Airways is offering a discount of 12% on regular market fares and 10% on promotion fares. More information will be provided in due course.
- Transfer cost from airport to the venue is your own responsibility. Taxis at the airport are excellent and the prices are quite reasonable.
- Important dates:
- Deadline for registration: 1 May 2020
- Deadline to submit applications for sponsorship: 1 May 2020
- Outcome of sponsorship request: 1 June 2020
- Final confirmation of attendance: 1 July 2020
- Deadline for payment: 1 September 2020
The following information will be requested on the registration form should you apply for sponsorship:
- The total cost for attending the Partnership meeting is USD 620 (4 nights full board and conference fees). What amount are you able to contribute?
- What sponsorship amount are you requesting? (in USD)
- Motivate the amount you are requesting
- Provide a short motivation why you should be sponsored. Your motivation should include the strategic importance of your involvement in your region and/or in the activities of the confederation.
- Upload a motivation letter from your Regional Network, a working group facilitator, etc.
The following information will be requested regarding the issuing of the invoice to pay for the meeting and accommodation:
- Name of institution
- Full address of institution
- Name of person the invoice should be addressed to
- The description on the invoice will be “Registration and Accommodation: Interprofessional.Global Partnership Development Forum, Doha, Qatar, 20-23 October 2020: <<Your Name>>. If this is not sufficient, please provide correct wording.
- Indicate when you will check into the hotel (Monday 19 or Tuesday 20 October)
- Indicate when you will check out of the hotel (Friday 23 or Saturday 24 October)
- Register here before 1 May 2020 (and apply for sponsorship): https://forms.gle/uUdaSCGVn2SqkmaV7.
- Click here to read more about our partnership principles.
- You must be a partner of Interprofessional.Global to attend the meeting. Click here to join.
Proposed draft agenda for our partnership meeting in Qatar
|Session 1:||General welcome|
|Session 2:||Welcome new organisations and people present for the first time
Brief review of partnership progress to date
Restate purpose of meeting
Review agenda and introduce the facilitation team
|Session 3:||Brief overview of IPECP, including changes since the last meeting|
|Session 4:||Sharing by organisations of current and planned IPECP activities|
|Session 5:||Review of decisions made at last partnership meeting
Report on progress which has been made on projects and objectives set
|Session 6:||Discussion of breakthroughs and factors contributing to this progress
Discussion of problems and challenges and the factors contributing to these
|Session 7:||Identification of new priorities for action and creation of new working groups|
|Session 8:||Existing and new working groups meet to identify next steps and a timetable for action|
|Session 9:||Reports from Working Groups
Review progress and report next steps
|Session 11:||Reflection and celebration|
|We will allow for long breaks for networking, interaction, and relationship building. Times for reflection will be built in throughout the programme.|