- Established in 2006
- Funded by Health Canada: Contribution Agreement (with University of British Columbia; John Gilbert contract director)
- Funding terminated 2012
CIHC became not for profit corporation (terms of reference, bylaws, new legislation)
CIHC is the hub for Canadian Interprofessional Innovation that….
- Promotes IPE and IPC in areas that enhance patient care
- Advocates for and catalyzes health system change through informing, engaging in and influencing cutting edge health workforce education, practice, policy and research
- Enables individuals and organizations to discover and share promising practices.
A membership survey was conducted and identified several priorities including:
- Central platform for resources/toolkits
- Supporting IPE/IPC accreditation
- Knowledge collection/dissemination
- Advocating for IPE/IPC research fund
Plans for next 2 years
Professor Ruby Grymonpre (Fellow of the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists)
College of Pharmacy, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
University of Manitoba
Ruby’s current interest in Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice stems from over 25 years of experience in ‘Geriatric Pharmacy’ where her clinical practice and scholarly works involved an exploration of medication management issues in older adults and provided evidence to support the role of pharmacists on interprofessional geriatric teams.
She has the following responsibilities in Interprofessional.Global:
- Informing Policy Working Group member
- Global Situational Analysis Working Group member
- Funding Working Group member