The purpose of the association is to promote interprofessionalism in the healthcare sector through
- development and provision of interprofessional information and training materials as well as digital applications to promote holistic, patient-centred cooperation between all healthcare professionals,
- support of the implementation of interprofessionalism in healthcare,
- development, organization, implementation and/or participation of/in scientific congresses, study programmes and projects to promote and further develop interprofessional cooperation,
- exchange of experience between science and practice at national and international level.
Plans for next 2 years
- Annual Meeting 11 June 2021
- Extension of board of directors
- Building of national chapters
- Joint projects in teaching, research, and practice
Professor Markus Melloh (Orthopaedic surgeon)
MD DMedSc MPH PhD MBA
Zurich University of Applied Sciences
Director Institute for Health Sciences
Markus Melloh is Professor of Public Health, Director Institute for Health Sciences, Associate Dean Research & Development at School of Health Professions, Zurich University, Switzerland.
He has the following responsibilities in Interprofessional.Global:
- Communications working group: Develop communication strategy together with Marion Jones, Alla El-Awaisi, and Sundari Joseph.
- Academic and Workforce Development Working Group: Develop an awards programme to include best practice, education, and research together with Johanna Dahlberg.
- Finance & Funding Working Group: Identify potential grant applications for research projects together with Ruby Grymonpre.