- Propose actions for the development of Interprofessional Education (IPE) to achieve Universal Health.
- Share experiences, information, scientific knowledge and evidence, methodologies and technological resources for teaching activities, and research and information on IPE.
- Accompany, contribute to, and disseminate the actions taken by countries.
Identify common problems, interests and priorities related to the initial and continuing interprofessional education of health professionals, while generating shared options for transformation.
- Strengthen the development of intersectoral and multicenter research among the members of REIP.
- Lend visibility to the situation and trends that define interprofessional education in health care, facilitating the identification of priorities for the development of IPE.
- Help to promote coordination between IPE and professional practice in order to improve people’s access to health.
Plans for next 2 years
Dr. José Rodrigues Freire Filho (Pharmacist)
Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) / World Health Organization (WHO)
International Professional Consultant
José Rodrigues Freire Filho is an International Professional Consultant in the Human Resources for Health Unit of the Pan American Health Organization/ World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) and has a PhD in interprofessional education from the University of São Paulo – Brazil.
He has the following responsibilities in Interprofessional.Global:
- Informing policy