To achieve its vision, the American Interprofessional Health Collaborative:
- Functions as the coordinating organization in the US for interprofessional developments and sharing of resources across institutions and health professions;
- Stimulates advances in interprofessional education, research, and collaborative practice;
- Provides a venue for networking among those with leadership responsibilities at institutions and organizations;
- Advocates for state‐ of‐ the‐ art interprofessional collaborative care for all patients, communities, and populations.
- Participates in global consortiums, collaborations, and conferences.
Plans for next 2 years
Christine Arenson (Chair)
Gail Jensen (Chair Elect)
Devin Nickol (Secretary-Historian)
Sarah Shrader (Immediate Past Chair)
Professor & University Director of IPE&C
PT, PhD, DPT, MSc, Cert THE, FNAP
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
Dr. Barbara Maxwell is professor and University Director of Interprofessional Education & Collaboration at A.T. Still University of Health Science.
Dr. Maxwell has been involved in interprofessional education and collaborative practice since the late 1980’s when she was involved with interprofessional teams in cardiac rehabilitation, and with rapid response community teams for individuals recovering from stroke.
She has worked in this field in the UK, Hong Kong, and in the US and is active in the IPE world both nationally and internationally.
She serves on the advisory board of the American Interprofessional Health Collaborative (AIHC), and is the American representative to Interprofessional.Global. Dr. Maxwell is a member of the Council of the National Academies of Practice and serves as the Chair of the National Academy of practice for physical therapy. An ambassador for the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education, and a member of the InterprofessionalResearch.Global, an international group that brings together experts in the field to advance interprofessional practice, research, and theory generation, at the global level.
She has the following responsibilities in Interprofessional.Global:
- Policy (Co-facilitator)