The AIHC is the professional community of the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (National Center). AIHC inspires colleagues and creates opportunities to come together, learn and grow.
AIHC members work locally, nationally, and internationally to influence policy, develop and share best practices and resources, conduct research, mentor and support colleagues, and remove barriers to effective action.
- The Collaboration Hub will facilitate the articulation of AIHC strategic priorities.
- The Collaboration Hub will begin leading the strategic and operational priorities of AIHC, including the development of Standard Operating Procedures.
Plans for the next 2 years
Goals and Commitment to Interprofessional.Global
- AIHC and the National Center are committed to supporting Interprofessional.Global, its member networks and the activities of the working groups to engage with stakeholders to promote IPECP globally and across the USA.
- We also support knowledge exchange with Collaborating Across Borders, the Nexus Summit, and Nexus Resource Center.
We can leverage our membership and the resources of the National Center to support, disseminate and promote global interprofessional initiatives.
We look to actively engage with international colleagues to promote and enhance interprofessional collaboration to improve global health.
We also look to encourage and support emerging networks.
AIHC ORGANIZATIONAL MODEL
In July 2023, AIHC transitioned to a new, team-based organizational structure which disrupts traditional hierarchy, focusing more on collaboration. The new organizational structure is shown below in Figure 1. AIHC has re-imagined its organizational structure to model collaboration within the nexus of practice and education to improve outcomes that matter. To ensure form follows function, the structure of AIHC is built around five collaboratives, each serving a unique purpose, in addition, two committees support membership and communications.
As an established regional network, representing the USA, within Interprofessional.Global, AIHC has ensured a central place for IP.G within the Innovating Collaborative of the new organizational structure.
Tina Gunaldo, PhD, DPT, MHS
Director, Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice Office. Louisiana State University Health Sciences
Associate Dean for Interprofessional Education. University of Nebraska Medical Center
Representative to Interprofessional.Global:
She is a member of InterprofessionalResearch.Global, an international collaborative organization focused on bringing together experts in the field to advance interprofessional practice, research, and theory generation, at the global level.She has the following responsibilities in Interprofessional.Global:
- Regional network representative for AIHC
- Co-facilitator of the Global Impact Working Group.
- Partnership Development Working Group
- Global café